If your heater won’t turn on, you should locate the fuse box in your home and then make sure that the breaker to your furnace is on. … Additionally, if you find that there is no power going to your electric furnace, it’s possible that you are experiencing a blown heating fuse.
How do you reset an electric furnace?
How to Reset an Electric Furnace
- First, turn off the power supply to the furnace by turning off the breaker in the circuit box.
- Locate the reset button on the furnace and press it to reset the furnace. …
- If the button is popped up, press it down.
- Return the cover to the blower compartment and turn the power on.
How do you troubleshoot an electric furnace?
1. Your Electric Furnace Won’t Turn On
- Make Sure the Unit is On. …
- Check for Tripped Breakers. …
- Look for Blown Fuses. …
- Try Adjusting your Electric Furnace’s Thermostat. …
- Check your Furnace’s Filter. …
- Examine the Fan and Blower. …
- Make Sure the Thermostat is on the Right Setting. …
- Call in a Professional if that Doesn’t Work.
Many types of electric furnaces have reset buttons that can help to restart the system if it is functioning improperly. If your furnace will not turn on and the problem is not a tripped circuit breaker switch, locate the reset button on your furnace and activate it.
What do you do when your furnace doesn’t turn on?
Furnace Won’t Start FAQs
- Check your circuit breakers.
- Check your thermostat settings.
- Ensure your furnace filters are clean.
- Check your pilot light.
- Check your blower motor.
- Check the furnace ignition switch.
Alternatively referred to as the reset switch, the reset button allows devices that utilize it, such as a computer or peripheral to be rebooted. Usually, the button is on the front of the device, next to or near the power button.
Where is the fuse on an electric furnace?
Many electric furnaces are on separate circuits, sometimes located in a separate fuse box away from the main panel. The heating elements of the furnace are also fused, and these fuses are located on a panel that is on or inside the furnace housing.
How do you turn on an electric furnace?
Turn the furnace back on. On most electric ignition furnaces there is an ignition button, with a smaller red button right next to it. If you’re not able to locate this, check your owner’s manual for specific instructions. Press on this small button as you press the button for the electric ignition simultaneously.
What would cause a furnace not to come on?
The Pilot Light (Faulty Ignition Sensor) The pilot light or ignition sensor is usually the most common issue when your furnace will not ignite. … Put the front panel back on, turn on the gas, and then turn the furnace back on. Turn up the temperature on your thermostat to see if your furnace will now fire up.
Why did my furnace stop working?
Your thermostat controls the operation of your heating system. If its settings or communications have been interrupted, this is one of the reasons your furnace might not turn on. If your furnace stops working, check the thermostat: Check your thermostat settings – is it on and is HEAT mode selected?
How do I get my furnace out of lockout mode?
Most modern gas furnaces can be reset by turning off the power, waiting around 20 seconds, then switching the power back on. Other furnace models may exit lockout after 1-2 hours and attempt to power on again. If your furnace has a pilot light, you may need to relight it following the manufacturer’s instructions.