The advantages of nuclear energy are that it produces low-cost energy, it is reliable, it releases zero carbon emissions, there is a promising future for nuclear technology, and it has a high energy density.
What is an advantage of using nuclear power quizlet?
Nuclear energy has some advantages over traditional methods of producing electricity. It has little impact on air quality and is more efficient than traditional methods of producing electricity. It does, however, use a nonrenewable resource, uranium.
Which of the following is considered an advantage of using nuclear power plants?
 Nuclear energy is also cheaper and has a lower fuel cost than other sources of energy. The cost of uranium which is used as a fuel in generating electricity is quite low. Also, set up costs of nuclear power plants is relatively high while running cost is low.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using nuclear energy to generate electricity?
Advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power stations
|Produces no polluting gases.||Waste is radioactive and safe disposal is very difficult and expensive.|
|Does not contribute to global warming.||Local thermal pollution from wastewater affects marine life.|
What are the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power quizlet?
Terms in this set (16)
- – Some low level is allowed to be discharged into the enviroment becuae the activity is very low. …
- The amount of fuel needed is much less than for a fossil fuel. …
- No carbon dioxide is produced by a nuclear power station when it is generating power. …
- The risk of an accident happening is very low.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using nuclear energy to generate electricity quizlet?
Nuclear energy produces no greenhouse gases, does not contribute to acid deposition, and is highly concentrated. Disadvantages of nuclear energy include the high cost of building a power plant and safety concerns about the operation of the plant and disposal of spent fuel rods.
What is an advantage of nuclear power plants over coal power plants?
Nuclear power generates clean energy by bombarding uranium with neutrons as opposed to burning fossil fuels. Nuclear reactors do not produce direct carbon dioxide emissions, and any indirectly produced emissions have negligible impacts on the environment.
What is an advantage of nuclear power plants over coal power plants Brainly?
The main benefits of nuclear power are that is it more efficient than burning fossil fuels as the amount of energy released from uranium per gram is much more than that of fuels such as oil or coal; approximately 8,000 times more efficient in fact.
What are 2 advantages of nuclear energy?
Advantages of Nuclear Energy
- Clean Energy Source. Nuclear is the largest source of clean power in the United States. …
- Most Reliable Energy Source. Nuclear power plants run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. …
- Creates Jobs. …
- Supports National Security.
What are 5 advantages of nuclear energy?
Advantages of nuclear energy
- Low-cost energy. Although building nuclear power plants has a high initial cost, it’s relatively cheap to produce energy from them and they have low operating costs. …
- Reliable. …
- Zero carbon emissions. …
- Promising future energy supply. …
- High energy density.
What are the advantages of nuclear energy?
The advantages of nuclear power are:
One of the most low-carbon energy sources. It also has one of the smallest carbon footprints. It’s one of the answers to the energy gap. It’s essential to our response to climate change and greenhouse gas emissions.