Fireplace inserts are not one-size-fits-all. They must be the right dimensions for your particular space, so measure the height, width and depth of your fireplace from the back wall to the front opening. Use those specs to ensure a proper fit.
How big of a fireplace insert do I need?
The size of fireplace insert you require is related to the size of your existing masonry chimney. There are five key dimensions to measure – the height and width of the opening, the height and width of the back wall of the fireplace and the depth of the fireplace.
What should I look for in a fireplace insert?
Everything You Need To Know About Fireplace Inserts
- High-efficiency heat output.
- Reduced heating costs.
- A reduced carbon footprint.
- Customizable, stylish design choices.
- Many faceplate options.
- Choice of heat source/fuel.
- Lower repair costs.
Can I replace my electric fireplace insert?
Fortunately, by following some simple guidelines, we can help make electric fireplace insert replacement a quick and painless process. … The other option is a built-in unit which includes fireplace inserts that are designed to be recessed into a wall.
How do I choose an electric fireplace insert?
When selecting your electric fireplace, consider how you’ll use the unit and the size of the space you’re heating. Forced fan fireplaces are best for areas around 400 square feet, while infrared quartz units are best suited for rooms around 1,000 square feet.
Which electric fireplace insert is most realistic?
The 5 Most Realistic Electric Fireplaces in 2020
- 1.) Dimplex Revillusion Built-In Firebox (43.25”)
- 2.) Dimplex Prism Wall Mount Fireplace (74”)
- 3.) Dimplex Optimyst II Insert (28”)
- 4.) Dimplex Opti-V Duet Fireplace Insert (54.25”)
- 5.) Dimplex Ignite XL Linear Electric Fireplace (100”)
What type of fireplace insert is best?
Overall, gas inserts are good bets for those who operate appliances via gas, individuals looking for the best value (Gas units heat small spaces well, ultimately saving on gas bills), and those wanting ease and convenience of use (They burn cleanly, requiring little chimney maintenance and are lit by means of a pilot …
Which fireplace insert is best?
The 6 Best Gas Fireplace Inserts of 2021
- Best Overall: Duluth Forge Vent Less Gas Fireplace Insert at Amazon. …
- Best High-End: Kingsman Fireplaces IDV33 Direct Vent Fireplace Insert at Wayfair. …
- Best Budget: Pleasant Hearth PHZC32F Vent Free Gas Firebox at Lowe’s. …
- Best Direct-Vented: …
- Best Natural-Vented: …
- Best Log Set:
Are fireplace inserts worth it?
Are Fireplace Inserts Worth the Money? … Savings: Fireplace inserts can help you to cut down on your heating bill. A fireplace insert is not recommended as a sole use of heating but when used in conjunction with turning down your thermostat, can save you money on your heating bill.